Dealership Assistant Accountant
Preston, Melbourne VIC
Assistant Accountants (Accounting)
At Preston Mazda, formally known as Max Kirwan Mazda we are driven to be better in every way as we build better business and have fun along the way. The growth of our business and the success of our people is evident of our continued success with the automotive industry, having been awarded the prestigious Master Dealer award 11 times.
Having been operating for over 55-years it is clear we know what we are doing and have become a trusted partner across the wider Mazda Australia brand.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Accountant based in on-site at our Preston Dealership.
The position involves assisting the Financial Controller with the management of financial processes, including the accurate recording and reporting of financial information and ensuring statutory obligations are met.
The role is expected to adhere to the strict reporting time frames and deliverables required by the business.
This is a full-time position. You must be available to work weekdays 8.30am to 5.00pm
What does your day look like?
- Daily Management of Floor Plan Facility
- Bank Reconciliations
- Completion of month end reporting tasks
- BAS Reporting
- Superannuation administration
- Monitoring and Reconciliation of all Stock
- FBT Management & Reporting
- General ledger account reconciliations
- Monthly financial and management reporting
- Assist with preparation of budgets and targets
- Administration of all financial aspects of the business as required
- Balance sheet accounts reconciliation
- Manufacturer monthly reporting
- Year-End reporting requirement
- Review/verify EFT & Cheque payments before authorisation by FC
Your story so far:
- Previous automotive dealership experience as an Accountant is highly desirable
- Degree qualified in Accounting, Business or a related discipline
- CA or CPA highly advantageous
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Ability to analyse data and resolve problems
- Ability to lead and motivate staff
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Advanced computer skills with MS Excel, Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and multi-task
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to every detail
What do we offer you:
At Preston Mazda, we believe that everyone has the capacity to be better every day. That is why we are passionate about creating a work environment that enables our people to achieve their best personally, and professionally
We’re a family run business, who are incredibly ambitious and always looking to improve our business. We can promise you will enjoy working every single day!
Our Preston Mazda benefits include:
- Free breakfast provided daily to ensure you start the day energised
- Birthday leave
- Generous discounts across new and used vehicles, servicing, and parts
A competitive salary will be offered, commensurate to experience, knowledge and qualifications.
To celebrate your 5-year anniversary you’ll also be rewarded with:
- An additional week of pay, paid each year you work over your 5 years
To be part of our success story APPLY NOW!
Preston Mazda is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace.
All successful short-listed candidates will be contacted to attend an on-site interview at the dealership.
Due to the high volume of applications we expect to receive, we will not be accepting any inbound enquiries regarding the roleAPPLY NOW!